Dicksonia Antarctica - 10 litre
- Also known as the Soft Tree Fern.
- This species is probably the largest of the Dicksonias.
- Can grow up to 15m in height, but more typically grow to about 4.5 to 5m.
- These ferns are very hairy at the base of the trunk.
- The large, dark green, roughly-textured fronds spread in a canopy of 2-6m in diameter.
- This fern grows at 3,5 to 5cm per year and only produces spores at the age of 20 years.
- Hardy against very cold temperatures.
- Plant the tree fern in a sheltered position and keep as moist as possible.