Betula Alba - 40 litre
- Also known as the White Birch Tree.
- Flowers are wind pollinated catkins, produced in early spring before the leaves emmerge.
- Leaves are about 2-5cm long and 1.5-4.5cm broad and may come in various colours of yellow, red and gray.
- The tree can grow up to 10-20m tall with a slender crown and a trunk up to 70cm to 1m in diameter, with smooth but dull gray-white bark finely marked with dark horizontal lenticels.
- The fruit is a pendulous cylindrical aggregate of about 1-4cm long and 5-7mm in diameter, which disintegrates at maturity releasing the individual seeds, which are 2mm long with two small wings along the side.
- Must be planted in full sun.